Paws Doggy Day Care Leigh Ltd Terms & Conditions
Please read the following by submitting your registration form and using our services you agree to our terms and conditions.
•All dogs must be registered with PAWS doggy day care Leigh.
•By submitting these forms you are consenting for your dog to be socialized in a group with other dogs.
•Dogs are accepted on the basis of the information provided on the registration form, if a pet exhibiting behaviour not predicable from the information disclosed on the registration form or observed on the dogs trial period the dog will be banned from PAWS doggy day care for the safety of the other dogs.
•You must inform us if you dog exhibits aggression to other dogs or people when out of day care.
• All Dogs must have an up to date insurance policy in place with third party liability.
•We do not accept un-neutered male dogs (over the age of 12 months un-less advised otherwise by your vet, younger male dogs that develop inappropriate hormonal behaviour before they are 12 months old may also be suspended from day care). bitches who come into season will not be able to attend for the duration of their season, usually 3 to 4 weeks, we will not take responsibility for bitches who are sent into day care while still in season.
•Those dogs as listed in the Dangerous Dogs (Amendment) Act 1997 e.g. the Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro or wolf cross breeds cannot be accepted.
•Some breeds do not always fit into the day care environment due to breed specific traits.
•Only dogs considered to be well socialized, who enjoy the company of other dogs and people, are suitable for PAWS doggy day care, Please note that not all dogs are suitable.
•All dogs will be interviewed on a trial basis along with their owners.
•All dogs accepted must have an up-to-date vaccination certificate or titer test, it is advised that your dog is vaccinated against kennel cough, It is your responsibility to make sure this is up to date.
•Vaccinations are to help control the spread of viruses within the dog population, you will be aware that there is no 100% safe guard that any vaccinated dog may not pic up a virus that they have been vaccinated against in there lifetime. As well as this groups of dogs in close proximity to each other that play and share water bowls and toys are at a higher risk of passing canine viruses and bugs between each other, we have a strict cleaning regime to help limit the spread of viruses.
•We require that all dogs attending day care be on year round flea and worm prevention. While it is unlikely that your dog will get fleas while at day care, there is always a possibility anytime your dog is exposed to other animals. If your dog is on flea prevention and is exposed to a dog with fleas you wont have to worry about having a problem at home, flea prevention is for your protection.
•All dogs must be in good physical health to attend PAWS doggy day care.
•If your dog requires medication while at day care we will need writ-ten consent from you for our staff to medicate them along with written instructions, all medicines need to be in there original packaging.
• We reserves the right to refuse, or terminate the contract of any dog or owner who displays aggressive, destructive or unreasonable behaviour.
•Any dog that exhibits inappropriate behaviour while in day care will be referred to one of our approved trainers and behaviourists. If a behavioural problem is not actively addressed your contract with PAWS will be terminated.
• Dogs must have a collar with a legal tag on to attend PAWS Doggy day care, Legal tags must contain your surname, the first line of your address and post code anything else is optional.
• Collars must be standard flat collars, we do not accept prong, choke, half check or shock collars.
• Dogs must also enter and leave day care on a standard fixed lead not an extendable one. we are located on a busy industrial estate where HGV vehicles are constantly moving, it is important that all dogs are under control to avoid injury.
• Dogs at play can occasionally get cuts and scrapes, especially those dogs that like to play rough.
• I understand that a PAWS staff member trained in canine first aid will give all pets involved in any type of incident a cursory examination, however the PAWS’s staff are not trained veterinarians and will not be liable for the location, treatment or diagnosis of any injuries incurred on the Facility’s premises. If your dog(s) is/are involved in an incident at PAWS, you will check your dog(s) further or seek treatment for your dog(s) by a licensed veterinarian at your discretion and cost
• In the unlikely event of your dog being involved in an accident or in an emergency, we will take your dog to our local vets (my pets vets) if we cannot contact you.
•Dogs not familiar with the Facility may experience separation anxiety when apart from their human companions.
Dogs not regularly exposed to the level of activity at the Facility may feel the discomfort of sore muscles, sore joints and fatigue, and dogs not regularly exposed to outside activity or play on hard surfaces may experience sore paws, blisters, bruises or abrasions on the feet (Raw Paw).
•Dogs not regularly socialized do not necessarily know how to behave politely with other dogs. These dogs are at higher risk of incidents including, but not limited to, bites, fights, fear aggression, object guarding, and behaviour problems and/or acting out.
•Dogs at play can get dirty. Dogs with longer hair can get matted from the level of activity at day care. Baths and brush outs can be requested and scheduled. Excessively long toenails may cause injury.
•Water is available at all times; however, your dog may still be thirsty after day care. you will be aware of their water intake as excessive amounts may cause an upset stomach or other problems.
•Dogs requiring food during the day can be fed there own usual dog food this must be supplied by the owner and consent given for staff members to feed your dog.
•All dogs requiring food are fed away from other dogs and crated.
•Dogs requiring rest during the day especially those under 12months are rested in crates, if your dog is not crate trained a member of staff will slowly introduce the crate to them and a staff member will always be present.
•Dogs are grouped depending on breed, age and play style, all our groups are mixed ages to ensure young dogs learn appropriate play and dog social skills from older mature dogs, this is not "socialisation" in the context of pet dogs, dog socialisation in the real word is complex and meeting other dogs is tiny percentage of this.
• As of 6th April 2016 all dogs are required by law to be microchipped.
• We do not offer credit terms for day care, therefore payment must be made by cash or card when collecting your dog.
• Photographs, video’s or digital recordings are taken of PAWS, dogs, customers and staff on a regular basis for, among other things, use in marketing by PAWS Doggy Day Care. I acknowledge that all such images (electronic, negatives and positives), together with prints and the copyrights therein, are the property of PAWS Doggy Day Care. I give PAWS Doggy Day Care and persons authorized by PAWS Doggy Day Care my consent, permission and authorization, without compensation to me, to use, reproduce and alter the images, in print or electronic format (including on the internet), either alone or in combination with other images, text and graphics. I waive my right to approve the finished photograph, advertising copy, print material or electronic files that may be used in conjunction with the images.
• This privacy notice sets out how Paws Doggy Day Care Leigh Ltd uses and protects any information that you give us.
Paws Doggy Day Care Leigh Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
Contact information including email address, telephone number and address.
Financial information to process your payments.
Demographic information such as postcode and preferences.
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
CCTV is in operation at Paws Doggy Day Care Leigh Ltd
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our services and will use it to keep your record up to date.
We may periodically send promotional calls about special offers, appointment availability or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We will not provide your information to any third party without your express permission, with the exception of a vet in the event of an emergency.
CCTV footage is captured purely for your security and for the prevention and detection of crime. If you’d like to know more, please contact via the details below.
By submitting your personal information and indicating that you would like to receive further information from us, you consent to us using your personal information in the above ways.
How long do we keep information?
If you are a regular customer we will keep your digital information on our secure database and your confidential paperwork in a secure cupboard and regularly check to ensure we hold the most current details for you.
If you have not visited us in 2 years, we will delete all records we hold for you.
If you wish to talk to use about or amend information we hold about you, please contact 01942 603631 or email email@example.com
• Flea Policy: Here at Paws Doggy Day Care we pride ourselves in our attention to detail and meticulous routines to provide a safe haven for people’s canine family members.
Our day care is cleaned and disinfected every day. Great care is taken each day to ensure the health and well-being of each of our guests, as well as spending a large amount of time handling your dogs and interacting with them to keep them happy and contented whilst in our care. Because of this, we are quick to notice dog’s with signs of fleas.
If a dog comes to us with fleas, they jeopardise the health of others in our care and could cause a long-term problem. Fleas are detrimental to our business, so we politely ask that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Please ensure your dog is treated regularly to prevent fleas. We expect your dog to have an effective annual flea management program. This does not mean just treating the dog the day before you arrive.
• Ensure you use a veterinary approved / prescribed flea product such as Advantage, Advocate or Stronghold, or one of the long-term approved natural flea preventions. Your vet will advise you of the best treatment available. Non-prescription treatments, flea collars or spot on treatments you can buy at the supermarket are not effective and are not acceptable.
• Some older types of flea treatment are not as effective and in some cases, fleas have become resistant to these products. Efficacy of these products, particularly Frontline, is also dependent upon a strict dosing regime, generally more frequently than the stated recommended levels.
• We will not treat your dog if we discover it has fleas. This is because we will not know when or with which product you last treated your dog, if at all. We do not wish to cause an allergic reaction or overdose.
• We will however treat the environment to ensure no spread of the infestation occurs. This includes an additional and separate cleaning regime from our usual daily clean, spraying of insecticide to the whole of day care and bedding, the corridor, and the adjoining rooms. Decontamination of day care once your dog has left the premises which renders the day care out of use until completely sprayed with insecticide and lost income to us, followed by a double disinfection to remove any final evidence of contamination. Finally, we must dispose of any of our bedding that may have been used and purchase new replacements.
• The time and cost to our business is considerable so that we remain a safe haven from fleas. Therefore, a charge of £40.00 will be made to cover the cost of this. This will be added to your final bill.
• We will collect evidence for you to be able to see the level of infestation your dog has. This usually consists of flea dirt, eggs and larvae, and advise you on the next course of action to eradicate the problem.
©2021 by Paws Doggy Day Care Leigh Ltd.